Our vision is…
“Working together for excellent health for the local communities”.
Our objectives are…
“to close the health and wellbeing gap and drive transformation to close the care and quality gap.”
Publication of the NHS Five Year Forward View in October 2014 marked the start of a significant period of change for Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) in England and for the whole healthcare economy. The Forward View focused on developing primary care as the first port of call for patients with a key emphasis on driving forward transformational change and bringing care closer to home in new models of care.
DDES CCG embrace the principles of the vision and came together with their stakeholders in February 2016 to talk about what this means in reality and to seek their views on what is most important regardless of whether we work in health, social care, private or the third sector organisations.
Our development day allowed us to consider the future and its implications for us collectively and for our individual organisations. It was encouraging to find through engaging with our stakeholders that many of our priorities are the same and that we are all working hard to improve things locally for our population.
The day was framed around some key things and we were able to build on these to find common areas on which to prioritise our focus. We talked about the importance of:
- Continuing to make efficiency savings
- Ensuring that patients are ‘getting the right care, at the right time, in the right setting, from the right care giver’
- Making a shift in investment from acute to primary care and community services
- Dissolving traditional organisational boundaries
- Dealing effectively with long term conditions
- Promoting self-care and personalisationThis vision brings together the collective thinking from our stakeholder event, national guidance and our own priorities to create a meaningful direction that will transform healthcare and health outcomes for our population.