Durham Dales, Easington and Sedgefield (DDES) clinical commissioning group (CCG) would like to thank everyone who has taken part in the Urgent Care Consultation which was launched to improve urgent care services across the area.
Last year we consulted with you on the future of urgent care services in your area. We presented a number of options and you told us, following a public consultation last year, that you wanted greater access to urgent care services
We have listened to what you told us and from 1st April the way you access your health care will change.
We have been busy in the background working with our patient groups on a quick guide to urgent care services. We’ll be sending out a pocket guide and information card to all patients in the DDES area that will help you understand the improvements to urgent care services starting on April 1st 2017. This will provide you with the information of where to go if you are poorly.
Look out for this guide coming through your letter box in March. If in doubt call NHS 111 and ‘talk before you walk’.
Our banners used to support the campaign can be found here: DDES Urgent care pop up banners v2
We received a total of 2,771 survey responses, and engaged with a further 1,202 people of which 257 were at events and a further 380 at Supermarkets.
The consultation is now closed and the consultation report is available.
The CCG’s Governing Body convened in public on 13th September 2016 to make a formal decision on a future model for urgent care services, read about the changes to urgent care services following the outcome of the public consultation.
You can subscribe to My NHS.
- Getting Care Right For You consultation document
- Easy Read – Getting Care Right For You consultation document
- Positive Possible Future Plan for Urgent Care in DDES – background document
- Governing Body Urgent Care Presentation 13.09.2016
- Urgent Care Communications and Engagement Plan
- Experience Led Commissioning Urgent Care report
- Getting Care Right For You poster
- DDES Communications Strategy
- DDES Engagement Strategy
- GP Career Start Scheme brochure – information on how DDES is encouraging doctors to apply for positions in the area
- Frequently asked questions